Friday, November 8, 2013

November 6th, 2013 Shopping Trip

This blog was started per my Mommy's suggestion that I write about my love of Kroger.
Kroger is my favorite grocery store and I wanted to share how much I save (without using coupons) just by their wonderful prices and using my Kroger card. So I will try to update as much as possible seeing as Mommy and I go there almost everyday. I'm the one that does the shopping and always like to surprise her with how little I spend (and there have been some good ones).
I am a firm believer that everyone should shop Kroger if they love saving money. I honestly think it's even better than Wal-Mart and so many of their own products are just as good as name-brand products and are a lot cheaper so I hope this blog inspires you to shop Kroger.
I am going to be honest in saying that there are a few Kroger brand products that I've purchased that we didn't really care for and I will let you know what they are as this blog rolls along.
Happy Kroger-ing!!

Here's my first shopping list after this blog was started:

13.7 oz. box Cheez-Its  $2.49 [Reg. $2.77] (we've tried Kroger's version of cheese crackers but...no)
11 oz. bag of Doritos  $2.49 [Reg. $2.69]
Kroger brand 2 liter soft drink  $.79 (we find that many of their soft drinks are just about as good as name-brand...and the price is MUCH better)
28 oz. bag of Kroger chocolate cereal  $3.39 (my brother and I both agree that this is the best chocolate cereal out there...I love the price, especially since it's such a big bag)
2.11 lbs. Grapes  $4.20
6.10 lbs. Bananas  $3.29
6 oz. box Baby Spinach Leaves  $2.50
10 oz. can CafĂ© Bustelo Espresso Powder  $4.79 [Reg. $5.19]
Pre-bagged lemons  $2.00
Private Selection (Kroger brand) loaf of multi-grain bread  $1.99 [Reg. $2.69]
2 12 oz. bags of Starburst candy-corn candy  $1.24 each [Reg. $2.49]
Gallon of whole milk  $2.59 [Reg. $2.89]
1/2 lb. Private Selection Roast Beef  $3.63 [Reg. $4.67]
1/2 lb. Private Selection Mild Cheddar  $3.63
Kroger bagels  $1.99

+ $.20 tax
= $42.45

I saved $5.42.

I look forward to sharing more of my lovely Kroger adventures with you!

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh. Dumb google and deleting comments... anyway...

    We don't have Krogers in PA, but in a wild attempt to stay away from Wal-Mart I've started doing some couponing and checking sales at local places. Sales are key I've noticed, and if you utilize them properly it's really a lot cheaper than just going to Wal-Mart for everything. For example, if you get a sales flyer and a place is having a sale on meat or cheese or sauce or whatever; buy enough to last you several weeks. It'll keep in the freezer. There's a little 3 store chain around here called Community and they have such great sales. I can usually get enough groceries to last two two of us (and with me being pregnant and Jim being Italian... we go through a looooot of food) for two weeks for under $100.

    ReplyDelete